Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Students Like Robbers Better Than Me

Tonight was the end-of-the-year enkai (dinner party) for my jr. high school. The 1st year (American 7th grade) teachers did all the planning, and they included a student survey quiz show as part of the entertainment. We, the staff, had to try to guess what the students, who had been previously surveyed, said were the "Besto Five" (that's Japanese-English pronunciation for "Best Five") things that happened at our school this year. #1 - 30th Anniversary Celebration, #2 - Culture Festival, #3 - Field Day, #5 - Mya came to our school. :) Wow! I couldn't believe it when I heard the quiz show MC say my name! But then when he opened the #5 game board window to reveal the answer, there it was in Japanese-- my name! Cool!

#4 was - Robbers broke into the school in the middle of the night.

I WAS BEAT OUT OF THE #4 SPOT BY VANDALS!!??
HAHA! I'm not sure which part I liked more-- the surprise and heartwarming feeling of actually making the list, OR the hilarity of being edged out of the #4 spot because, although students think that me coming to their school is amongst the Best 5 things that happened to them this year, they like the fact that vandals broke in better. ;D

1 comment: