Friday, January 16, 2009

Reminder: God answers prayers.

This first week back has been super busy, and I've been exhausted, and it wasn't possible to get done everything that I needed to....but I felt like the things I was doing-- planning a meaningful and engaging Christmas lesson for the 2nd graders, writing Christmas cards for the teachers, going to Japanese class-- were really important and that I shouldn't just not do them even though what I really wanted to do was sleep. This morning I woke up overwhelmed at the day...trying to mentally process how I could possibly finish all I needed to for school today. As I was hurrying to finish as many Christmas cards as possible before I absolutely had to leave my apartment to get to school on time to make copies and give out "omiyage" (souvenirs you are pretty much required to bring back from any trip; this time I brought the single serving cups of vanilla coffee creamer), I prayed that God would somehow give me more time to finish everything. When I got to school and saw my schedule for today, there were two free periods. I wasn't supposed to have any! I was supposed to teach every period today, but for some reason the two 4th grade classes were cancelled and ONE of the 6th grade classes was cancelled (to have ONE class in a grade level cancelled is REALLY unusual). I ended up with an open second period, which was just before the two classes when I would teach about Christmas....which is one of the things I needed more time to prepare for. And I ended up with an open sixth period....which was after all my lessons were done today, so I could focus on finishing up the teachers' Christmas cards. SO GREAT! God answered my prayer. Amazing! It was an encouraging and joyFUL reminder that God is doing stuff and I'm just supposed to work with Him-- not do the work on my own. right.

No comments:

Post a Comment