Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Days

The past two days have been two of my favorite days at school since coming to Japan-- yesterday at sho gakko (elementary school) and today at chu gakko (jr. high). So happy to be here! Simply pleasant occurences. Laughing laughing laughing all day with many students and then later with a couple teachers when I explained (all in Japanese!! :)) that I really was planning to eat my lunch...despite it being fish and wakame gohan (rice seasoned with salty seaweed) sick!...and that the reason I broke the "Eat all your lunch" rule (Note: Rules are REALLY not supposed to be broken in Japan.) and didn't finish, truly was because I didn't have time-- because I was focusing too much on the conversation I was having with Riki and Shizuru-- not because I was being picky. I also tried to pass the blame to Riki, saying that it was because he was shaberisugiru...talking too much!! ;D LOL! It was hilarious! I think Nakazatomi Sensei is still skeptical of my story though... ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment