I'm wearing snowboarding socks. Not because I'm going snowboarding or because I'm about to play in the snow. I'm wearing them because I'm in my Japanese apartment. It's freeeeezing! And it's only November 16th!
I don't understand how a country that has electric toilets with 8 buttons and 21 different options...and cell phones that can read a bar code and instantly open the web page that corresponds to the coded product...and washers, tea pots, and rice cookers that can be pre-set to go on at a designated time...I don't understand how a country with all this superfluous technology can not have residential central heating. As is true about almost everything here, this runs contrary to my logic.
It's not actually freezing yet...but soon, very soon, will come the day when I will start to wear my hat and snowboarding neck warmer to bed every night. I'm not joking! (But, Mom, don't worry! I don't really mind wearing a hat to bed.)
You forgot to mention the binders. The binders mean that no form of technology is really safe. That it could all disappear in an instant.
ReplyDelete