Today was such a great day! I got to tell lots of kids and teachers about Christmas. I got to tell them about Jesus and God. I told them about God's love, life, and forgiveness. It was amazing! I can't believe this is my real life!! I LOVE it! For most of the kids, this is literally the first time they've ever heard of Jesus. They have zero idea that Christmas is about Christ. Some of them were SO excited! Ranto's and Yuka's (3rd graders) faces lit up as they asked urgently, "He's a real person??", "Yes!", I confirmed that Jesus is a real person. Again, "He's a real person?!!?" It was incredible! "Where was he (when he was alive)?" When I told them that we exchange Christmas presents because they help us remember God's gift of love for all people, Mirai said, "So, God gives the presents to Santa, and Santa gives the presents to us?" ;) Ren asked, "Why did Jesus come from heaven and be born on Earth?" Oh gosh!! "Good question." How do you answer this question from a 6th grade Japanese kid who has no frame of reference for sin or relationship with God or eternity or grace...and use simple enough English for him to understand. or somehow make yourself make sense using rudimentary Japanese??? I'm amazed that God chooses to let us partner with Him in this work, even though He could do it better and more efficiently Himself. Wow! Christmas is the jackpot of telling people about Jesus here! Please pray for these students and staff members at my schools to come to know who God truly is this Christmas.
Mya that is so cool! I love how excited you are to share the real reason for Christmas. That is exciting to be able to share with them for the first time-what a blessing!
ReplyDelete