Chicken with a sesame apple sauce that is SO delicious!
Potato salad-- which wasn't made with pasty mayo. I don't usually like potato salad, but I like the ones we have for school lunch. Today's included cucumbers, carrots, corn, and cheese cubes. I know it sounds strange, but it's actually really good.
Vegetable soup-- which is amazingly sweet. Maekawa San tells me it's just the natural sweetness of the vegetables that makes the broth sweet...but it's hard for me to believe her. ;) There was also sliced pork in the soup.
米粉 (Komeko) Bread-- which is bread made from rice flour, and blueberry jam. (Can you see the jam packet just barely showing behind my plate?)
And milk.
Besides lunch, another highlight of the day was getting to laugh a lot with the 7th graders this afternoon during 5th and 6th periods and also during cleaning time after that. A really sweet kid named Naoya just smiles the most adorable smile all the time...which totally makes me smile. Sometimes, like today during 6th period, Naoya smiles so much it seems like he's about to laugh, which makes me laugh. He sits right in the front of the class, where I was standing today while Ikeda Sensei was giving directions. I had to totally fight the urge to laugh out loud during class. Actually, now that I think about it...I think I may have laughed out loud. Ryo, who sits behind Naoya said, 'What are you guys laughing about?!' ;D
No comments:
Post a Comment