I always have so many things I want to write about...but not enough time or energy. Lately I've been putting off writing, because I think people are expecting me to say something about the earthquake and everything that ensued-- and is continuing-- but I don't have much to say, really. I mean, I could describe situations that I was in as a result of the earthquake, but they don't seem that interesting to write about. And I don't really know what's going on up north. BUT I have heard conditions are still really, really awful..."worse than what you see on the news"...and that many evacuation centers are being run by the Yakuza (Japanese mafia) who are confiscating donated items and then trying to sell them to victims at astronomical prices. Please continue to pray for Japan and find ways to help the victims. [See CRASH and Asian Access.] Other than these bits of info, the other thing that really stands out to me now about this experience is that I've lost almost all trust in the American media. I don't trust the Japanese government to report the truth either. It's a scary feeling to NEED accurate, potentially life-saving, information and not be able to find it anywhere or know it if you have found it. In the most uncertain days of the aftermath I didn't know who I could believe. Are there any trustworthy, non-hyped, non-secretive media sources??!!
No comments:
Post a Comment