Today, for the first time, I attempted and successfully arranged for a package from Amazon to be redelivered at a time when I knew I'd be home. =) When I got home from school today there was a notice saying that the delivery service had tried to deliver the box. Usually I would wait until the next day and ask one of the teachers at school to call the delivery service for me. I don't like calling businesses and having to speak Japanese. Trying to read a complicated website in Japanese is also daunting. But today's package contains a book (You Are Special by Max Lucado) that I ordered to use for my final lessons at elementary school on Wednesday, so I really needed the box ASAP. I didn't think I could wait until tomorrow...so I debated about calling my friend and neighbor Sayoko to ask if I could go over and have her call for me...but I thought I'd just attempt the website. At first I really didn't even know what link to click on the company's homepage, but by comparing the kanji with what was written on my delivery notice I was able to figure it out! And I was able to read the online forms enough to navigate my through them...and just a little while ago my box was delivered! やった! In English, this would just be a little thing, a chore to check off my to-do list. But in Japanese, I feel like this is an accomplishment...and encouraging evidence that my Japanese has improved.
  |
|
That is awesome. I knew you would figure it all out. Love you, Dad
ReplyDelete